Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little White Wall Collage


Collages ... how I love thee ... they just may be one of my new favorite decorating ideas! I have been up to my eyeballs in a bedroom re-do. What started with a new headboard, has ended up in new paint, flooring, furniture swapping and decor. Here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on.

I wanted to lighten things up a bit. I have to say I have been amazed at what a color change can do for a room. In sticking with the light theme, I have collected a bunch of keepsakes to put together in a collage over the two dressers that are framed or matted in white. I have had fun digging through old boxes to find pieces of nostalgia.

I wanted to celebrate us as a couple on this wall. Here goes:




I have framed various pictures and keepsakes of our time together over the last 12 years. I will walk you through a few of them.
 

A map of eastern Saskatchewan. Our roots.
This piece of map includes both of our hometowns as well as the town we call home now.




There are two cross-stich pieces framed on this wall. One was made for us by my mom for our wedding, and the other, by my sister for our first anniversary.


I can hardly belive I came accross this!
I found deep at the bottom of a box, the piece of paper that I gave my number to my husband on the very first night we met.


Lyrics to our wedding song.

A little note from my sweetheart after 18 months of dating.

Our wedding invitation.





A needlepoint picture made for me as a little girl by my Great Grandmother Irene. It's still in it's original frame and the back has an inscription from her and is dated "Christmas 1984"





Some warm love. I love homemade quilts! Especially ones with meaning.
There are 3 stacked here, each handmade from 3 of our grandmothers.


I have purposely left it assymetrical and open, so that I can keep adding to it over the years.
I will get a full bedroom post up once I get it all put together. Stay tuned!

~T~

2 comments:

  1. I love all your ideas Terra! Inspired me to do something similar in our bedroom! It needs a total re-do but seems to be the last thing on the list when you have little ones! The fact that you can get all this accomplished gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! As much as it's work, its more of a hobby for me ... I really enjoy doing it. We all seem to find more time to do the things we like to do vs the things we have to do :)

    ReplyDelete